E3 is really the most enjoyable week for a gamer with so many announcements coming from all the developers all over the world, during this week I usually sleep less because I want to watch every live stream available and due to the different time zones they are usually on at 5:00 am or something like that, except for Nintendo. the following are my most anticipated new game announcements from the show this year
- Metroid Prime 4: it did come at some surprise for most people when Nintendo announced the development of Metroid Prime 4 for Switch, without any gameplay showing but the thought that Metroid is making a come back is good enough
- Metroid Samus Returns: Speaking of which this one caught me off guard and made me really happy, a traditional 2D Metroid and a remake of the GameBoy version which is a very important title in the series, I really can’t wait for this one.
- Days Gone: Sony’s open-world zombie survival game looks great and it seems like getting even better if only we had a release date.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins: when the annual Ubisoft series took a year off in 2016 I predicted the series will reinvent its self in some ways before making a come back and it looks that way, the not aged so well free-flowing combat is gone and replace with a Dark Souls-like combat and light RPG mechanics the games seems to be a great place to go for the series.
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: a Ubisoft developed Mario game featuring their Rabbits characters and it is an RPG with XCOM battles, I can’t believe I said that.
- Skull and Bones: I am not trying to overly excite myself for this game but it looks amazing and it could be really fun to play it with a group of friends, sadly I don’t have many gamer friends so I might skip on it but it does look great.
With the press conferences just about a day away I thought I would share my five hopes and dreams for this year:
- Project Re Fantasy
It is no surprise that a fantasy RPG from Atlus directed by Katsura Hashino is going to be on my top 5 anticipated titles and Project RE Fantasy has been on my list since the moment they announced it, while I doubt they will show it this year and I do think this game is coming in 2019 I still have my hopes to show up in some form hopefully at the Nintendo Direct event.
Starfield is what rumored to be Todd Howard’s next game, for years this man has been my top game developer and I have sunk in nearly a 1000 hours into his last 4 games, while Starfield might not be real it popped up everywhere this week and supposedly they are going with the same model they went with Fallout 4 to reveal it and release it within the same year, yes please.
- Project Dylan
Lets face it Bioware’s last great game was Mass Effect 2, Inquisition was ok but wasn’t great, Project Dylan is supposed to be a Destiny like Sci-Fi MMO that has been in development for 5 years or so and it is coming out next year, which is a Smart thing because going against Destiny this year is not suicide, note that Bioware did cancel another multiplayer game Shadow Realms was cancelled in 2015, I wonder if it is the same game rebooted or something.
- Metroid 2D
for how long must we cry for a new Metroid game? seriously it is getting sad, and I am sure when it comes out it will not sell as much as most people think it will be but I will buy it right away, here Nintendo here is my money!!
- Next Criterion Game
EA killed my favorite racing series Burnout and replaced it with a series of Ok-at-best Need for Speed games, and this year’s Need for Speed Payback seems like EA’s attempt at going after Fast & Furious movies which doesn’t interest me one bit, I just really wish for a new Burnout from Criterion with this year, I have been wanting that for a long time now and it is about time daddy gets his sugar!