E3 is really the most enjoyable week for a gamer with so many announcements coming from all the developers all over the world, during this week I usually sleep less because I want to watch every live stream available and due to the different time zones they are usually on at 5:00 am or something like that, except for Nintendo. the following are my most anticipated new game announcements from the show this year
- Metroid Prime 4: it did come at some surprise for most people when Nintendo announced the development of Metroid Prime 4 for Switch, without any gameplay showing but the thought that Metroid is making a come back is good enough
- Metroid Samus Returns: Speaking of which this one caught me off guard and made me really happy, a traditional 2D Metroid and a remake of the GameBoy version which is a very important title in the series, I really can’t wait for this one.
- Days Gone: Sony’s open-world zombie survival game looks great and it seems like getting even better if only we had a release date.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins: when the annual Ubisoft series took a year off in 2016 I predicted the series will reinvent its self in some ways before making a come back and it looks that way, the not aged so well free-flowing combat is gone and replace with a Dark Souls-like combat and light RPG mechanics the games seems to be a great place to go for the series.
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: a Ubisoft developed Mario game featuring their Rabbits characters and it is an RPG with XCOM battles, I can’t believe I said that.
- Skull and Bones: I am not trying to overly excite myself for this game but it looks amazing and it could be really fun to play it with a group of friends, sadly I don’t have many gamer friends so I might skip on it but it does look great.